This is what I exclaimed to the boys after James woke from his nap. "Where are we going on our adventure?" William asked. He had many guesses:
the jungle?
the park?
grandma's?
the airport?
Grandma Fisher's?
All good guesses but none of them right. We hurried to get ready and then hopped in the car. William was still guessing: the store? the jungle? (again)
And then we pulled into a new neighborhood nearby. I've seen for weeks the sign "Model Home Available." It's been screaming my name. So we went. And looked around. We got free chocolate. (Mmmm...) I pretended to the nice man that I actually was interested in buying. When we were done, William wanted to go to another house. It was hard to explain that we couldn't just go into any house we saw. So we drove back home... the long way. And played "I spy."
The End

thats the way to get your kids interested in what you want to do. Every mom NEEDS to do that! Jackson loves to go shopping... HEHEHE
ReplyDeleteSo cute! You are an amazingly cute and inventive momma...your boys are so blessed!
ReplyDeleteToo funny... but I like that idea!
ReplyDeleteHow fun. I love going "house shopping". It's a great way to get decorating ideas.
ReplyDeleteDid you go to the house because you wanted to look or because of free chocolate? If the first, that's cool. If the second, that's doubly awesome.
ReplyDeleteRon, I didn't know there would be chocolate... it was a bonus. Growing up we were always going to model homes. It was fun for us... and a great way to get decorating ideas!
ReplyDeleteThat's a good idea, too much fun. Maybe I'll try that with Emily this weekend.
ReplyDeleteoh, so fun! And look at you and all of your free stuff! Hope the trend continues!
ReplyDelete(P.S. Lucy was THRILLED to find her very own letter in the mail box a few days ago. THRILLED.)
I used to love going to model homes with you girls. It was one of our favorite activities. In those days there were tons of model homes in Corona.
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love looking in model homes or the parade of homes. You're brave to bring him though!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have to remember to use that line on my kids. I love looking a model homes and so does Hunter. Fun for you guys!!
ReplyDeletehow fun...this was great to read...although I bet it was sad not to go to Gma Fishers :)
ReplyDeleteWay to pass on the tradition!!! Model homes were my FAVORITE growing up!!!
ReplyDeleteI am all over that kind of activity. Too bad there isnt any land available in Brea to have model homes!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm learning that as a mom, I'm not employing enough manipulation tactics. Thanks for this one!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd seriously, I've never won anything. So rub some of that winning streak off on me! That backpack is adorable!
Jeanine..what dates are you planning on being here?? Im hoping to go to Utah for Halloween, but I am not sure of the dates yet, I need to check with my sister.
ReplyDeleteJeanine,
ReplyDeleteI love you blog (got the link from Amber). I also loved the links to all the blogs from people from Corona! It is like a Corona reunion (we STILL miss Corona). Your family is darling and I love reading about your adventures (when I have a minute to relax). I have become addicting to blogging....Thanks for sharing your fun life.
Debbie Jones
Lori... so glad that Lucy loved her letter! It was William's idea and he LOVED making it for her!
ReplyDeleteSarah... William was surprisingly obedient while we looked! IT was fun!
Sis. Jones... so glad that you found me!
Mom and Rachelle... looking at model homes was one of my favorite activities growing up too! You would have been disappointed in this one though. It was TINY! Smaller than my house!
I've been meaning to comment on this post for a while now...anyway. I just wanted to say that I LOVE adventures like this. When we were little, my mom took us on similar adventures, and we couldn't get enough of them. The favorite was actually called "The Adventure." I don't know if you remember that underground crosswalk in Provo at 500 North and 500 West in front of Timpanogos Elementary, but that tunnel was "The Adventure." We'd be driving in the car with my mom and she'd ask us if we wanted an adventure and we of course always said yes. Then she'd drop us off on one side, let us walk under the tunnel by ourselves, and she's pick us up on the other side. So simple, yet so surprisingly fun.
ReplyDeleteHey Jeanine,
ReplyDeleteThis is Camille. Your man passed along your blog address and I came to take a look. You are awesome! Your blog is GREAT! A perfect balance of fun, and even spiritual. And, by the way, are you going to publish a book anytime soon? :)
Well, Rich did EXTREMELY well for himself! You have a beautiful family.
P.S. Love that Stephenie Meyer, as well.
Take care!