Monday, August 11, 2008

party at chester's

As I've mentioned before, Chester the Clown is a staple at Piedmont functions. So it only seems appropriate that the end-of-the-summer-reading-program-party be held at Chester's Party Barn.
The boys had a blast! They loved petting and feeding the little goats. I was actually really surprised that William was so willing to go up to the animals--usually he's so hesitant about stuff like that. James, of course, had no reservations whatsoever. In fact, I was more concerned for the goat's safety than for James'.
William continued to amaze me when he wanted to go on a pony ride and then didn't cry out of fear at all. (And it was great for me too... because it was free. Being the cheap-o that I am, I'd rarely, if ever, pay for a pony ride.)
Next, we were treated to a relaxing hay ride.Luckily for William and his fear of clowns, it was so hot (as Oklahoma summer's tend to be) that Chester decided to forgo the clown costume. He did still put on a magic show for the kiddos though.
William thought it was hilarious! It was so fun to watch him be amazed at the magic--and he still talks about it!
Yea for Chester's Party Barn! Yea for the Piedmont Library! Yea for a wonderful way to spend a Saturday as a family!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun party. I'm glad William enjoyed the pony ride. Olivia had a magic show at her summer reading party on Saturday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are always doing such fun stuff! Love the pony picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't wait to do stuff like that as a family. Give the boys our love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I see you found Aaron and Katrina's blog from ours. They're so great! We like them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like ya'll are having fun! Can you believe that summer is almost over? It seems like it just began. Oh well! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summertime fun in all its shapes...love it that you do such fun things with your family@

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW... what a party! thats so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet another small town perk. IT sounds PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun day- and clown free too, I love it. Piedmont is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun!! For some reason Jacob won't go on horses or ponies. I'll have to show him the picture of William. It looks like your boys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like fun! I used to LOVE pony rides when I was little! What could be better than a pony ride for a kid who loves horses though?

    ReplyDelete