Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Catch Up: California Part I (Shower and Temple)

Sorry this is a little long winded!  I just wanted to make sure I remembered all the details since I didn't write them down anywhere else!

In the midst of all our packing and end of the school year chaos we took a little break with a trip to California--for Rachelle's wedding!  Even though Rich would have preferred that she get married in Alaska I was glad to have a chance to go back to Corona!  Since Rich was in North Carolina I braved the flight with 4 boys in tow on my own.  I couldn't have done it without the help of Catie and Lisa (Rich's sisters) to help me out at the airport in Oklahoma  or my dad and Jacob meeting me once we arrived in California.  The boys did so well on the flight and layover!  All in all it was pretty easy.  It was a little frightening driving back to Corona--it's probably been close to 9 years since I drove in California!

My Aunt Nancy was so nice to let all of us stay with her for the week.  She lives in my parents old house so it was fun to be back there again.  Alex fell asleep on the way to her house and when he woke up he was a little disoriented.  When we told him to go give Grandma a hug he ran for Nancy and gave her the longest hug!  Nancy must have used up his hugging allowance though because Grandma didn't get a thing.

After we got settled and ate lunch Mom, Dad, Elise and I went over to our friend Trudy's house to practice the program for the bridal shower that night.  While we were there we got a text from Amy which read:  "Ahk! We're here!  The sky is brown.  The mountains disappeared.  The freeway is scary.  See you in about 30 minutes!"   That pretty much sums it up.

That evening Nancy and Trudy threw a great shower for Rachelle.  The program for the night was Scott and Rachelle's love story narrated by my mom and interspersed with songs sung by Amy, Elise, and I.  Elise did a fantastic job of putting it all together!


It was so much fun to see friends and family that I haven't seen in years!

The next day Rachelle went through the temple for the first time.  I'm so glad she chose to go through LA even though, well, it's in LA!  Jeff was nice enough to drive Amy, Elise, and me (and the babies).


The visitor's center has been redone since I've last been there so we got there a little early so we could look around.  I love the Christus statue and so did Henry--he kept reaching up for it.


Elise's sister-in-law lives near the temple and was nice enough to watch Henry and Caden for us.  It was so nice to be with all my sisters and parents (and Scott) in the temple! Each of the sisters have gone through the LA temple for our first time... plus I was married there as were my parents.



The day was beautiful (even if the drive home--with three intermittently sad babies--was not!)

2 comments:

  1. So fun to read through your post. Great memories! I can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete