Once the stress of the upcoming wedding is over we like to stay a few more days so that we can have some fun! Years ago I promised my boys that we could go to Disneyland when Rachelle got married. They made sure that I made good on that promise. We talked about it for months beforehand--which is great because Amy read a study that said that children remember events better if they have anticipated them for a while.
We wanted to get to the park bright and early so that we could get a full day in. The boys were so excited that they even loved the tram ride from the parking lot to the gates!
A rare sight... a picture where William has got a good smile!
I know, I know... three pictures just from the tram ride? How long is this post going to take?!
With all the little Star Wars fans in our group we had to make our first stop at Star Tours. Unfortunately our two smallest fans didn't make the height requirement--barely. Seriously. The lady was super picky. So after sending the rest of the group on their way, Amy and I tried to distract the two very sad little boys. Thank goodness the Buzz Lightyear ride was right there. It's new since we'd been last so it was fun for all.
After meeting up with everyone, we took the kids to the Jedi Training Camp and Amy and I snuck away to ride Star Tours--which has changed since we had last been. I almost wish I had stuck around. James was chosen to train to be a Jedi. Rich said that James was very serious when reciting the oath about not going to the dark side. I love looking at the pictures of how excited he was! He told me that he still has dreams about being a Jedi.
He even got the chance to test out his new skills by fighting Darth Vader!
The day really was perfect. We didn't have to wait in line very long at all (except for the Dole Whips... totally ridiculous!), the boys didn't whine about walking, and everyone got along well.
Two of the cutest people at Disneyland
I made matching shirts for all the grandkids. Aren't they cute?
Doesn't James look so happy to be driving?
William attempting to pull the sword from the stone
These three couldn't get that stubborn sword out either
Look at these handsome boys!
Disneyland wouldn't be complete without a ride on It's a Small World. I sat with my dad and I'm pretty sure that he took a little nap. James still sings the song and it drives William insane--just as that song does to anyone!
Another sad moment, James wasn't tall enough for Indiana Jones! He could ride all the other rides but this one! So we took the kids up the Tarzan tree house. Olivia almost didn't make it up--but she decided to be brave. I think the kids thought it was pretty cool... but I much prefer when it was the Swiss Family Robinson tree house!
At the end of the day we went to ToonTown to visit Mickey Mouse. You can't leave Disneyland without meeting the Mouse!
After a quick stop at Thunder Mountain we stopped at the Teacups.
another unsuccessful attempt at getting a family picture at the front gates!





We really had fun! We made lots and lots of happy memories!!
ReplyDelete