For the past 6 months or so Alexander has been receiving help with speech. Once a week Ms. Patty would come to our house to work (and play!) one-on-one with Alex. She was wonderful. She was patient when he was having an off day and helped him progress so much with his speech! Over and over again I hear from the people evaluating him that he is so smart and he just can't express it. And it's true. He knows stuff but he can't tell us about it--which is frustrating for both Alex and everyone else! His time with Patty made such a difference and we will be forever grateful to her!
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad that he is talking more and better.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I know I am way late on this, but happy anniversary! I can't believe it has already been nine years!
I hope you find someone like her at your new home.
ReplyDeleteMake sure to check with your elementary school at your new home, so that he can get continued help, if needed. Amber had help with speech when she was little and now both of her kids are getting it. It can make such an amazing difference with a child's life and development!
ReplyDeleteSis. Jones, he had an IEP written up at our elementary school in OK... I will be passing it along to the school here to make sure he continues to get help!
ReplyDelete