Saturday, September 20, 2008

boys will forever be boys

When I bought these little missionaries to put in our "Sunday Bag" I imagined William playing with them so nicely on the bench in Sacrament Meeting. As I watched him on Sunday running them into each other, having them fall in slow motion to the ground, I realized that, to him, they are nothing more than action figures dressed in white shirts and ties.
p.s. James went to nursery for the first time on Sunday! The nursery leaders (who are awesome) said he seemed a bit overwhelmed but he stayed the whole time without mom or dad! Yea!!! We made it! Hopefully tomorrow goes just as smoothly.

11 comments:

  1. CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! I need those missionaries. Where did you get them?

    Nursery! Hip, hip, Hooray! Taking a toddler to meetings is SO HARD. Just six more months until Grady gets to go. Hopefully he goes with as much ease as the other two. I'm glad James managed without you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie... I got them on deseretbook.com. They were something like $4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it- those missionaries are the cutest. I'm sure Josh would play fight with spider man with them or something similar as well. SO glad James loves nursery! Jake loves it to, It think since we used to be in there with him. SO glad- Josh hated it for months. It is so much easier when they will go in with out the parents especially with busy callings- right- you guys know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute! You are right, boys will be boys and do what boys do with a little extra UMPH! Love the little video song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those missionaries. I need to get some. I'm glad James did well in nursery. I'm sure there's nothing more disappointing when you 18 month old is finally old enough to go and they don't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boys are certainly different than girls. (I am learning that first hand.) Rachelle wanted Jacob to play Barbies with her. (Don't ask me why.) Rachelle was trying to play nicely and Jacob just used the Barbies as monsters that attacked Rachelle's Barbies. Rachelle was so frustrated but it served her right for trying to make a boy play like a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those little missionaries. Matt said that when we had boys the only action figures they would have would be the Book of Mormon characters, and Im sure he totally approve of those ones.

    And our Jackson goes to nursery in 3 weeks. actually now that I think about it. His first official week will be when we are in CA visiting my family. Im a little nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are way cute and that is too funny. We're counting down the days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for nursery! Lilia is now in too. Hooray for whoever invented nursery. :)

    Love the missionaries too, they are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those guys are great!

    Thank goodness for nursery-enjoy the freedom!

    Totally understand the "This should keep them Quiet" and "Are you kidding me, that is not what it is for!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Horray for nursery!!! Megan's gone three times now and I actualy enjoy church again.

    ReplyDelete